Have you been in a situation where you’ve sent off a couple of applications and the recruiter calls you up just as you’re stepping onto a train? Unexpectedly, you’re about to have a phone interview and probably not in the best setting to concentrate. Continue reading “Phone Interviews – Don’t Get Caught Out”
When I meet new people in a professional setting I often ask if they are on LinkedIn. They may be a potential client, someone who can add value to my business or a job seeker I’m working with. LinkedIn is a professional networking site and many companies use this tool as a means of recruiting staff.
When it comes to landing a job, your LinkedIn profile acts as the online version of your resume. I’m going to share with you 10 ways to strengthen your profile and ensure you are optimising your professional brand with this online platform. Continue reading “Are you on LinkedIn?”
Your hard work in preparing an awesome job application has paid off and you are called up for an interview. You know you can do the job, and are feeling confident about discussing what skills and experience you can bring to the role and the organisation. Now, how do you keep your nerves in check in the lead up, to avoid that feeling of forgetting something?
Take a deep breath and get these details in order, then you’ll be stepping into the interview with an air of confidence:
- Double check the time, date and location
- Try on your interview outfit to make sure it’s clean, pressed and appropriate
- Know who will be interviewing you and their role in the business
- Prepare meaningful questions to ask the interviewer(s)
- Research the company’s website to enable you to understand the business, such as services, locations, who’s who, core values and vision Continue reading “Last Minute Interview Checklist”